How to activate a WiNG license voucher
- Article Type:
- How To
- Article Number:
- Last Modified:
As of April 10th, 2017, licensing for Extreme Wireless WiNG products is being managed through the Extreme Portal . All pre-existing license data has been migrated from Zebra Technologies to Extreme Networks.
1. Login to the Extreme Portal . If you do not have an existing account you can register for an account on the Registration Page
2. Once you are logged into the Extreme Support Portal select Assets > Licensing
3. From the Licenses Home page select Generate License
4. Enter the voucher serial number in the space provided
5. Enter the hardware serial number of the WiNG controller that the license voucher will be applied to. Do not use the Additional Voucher ID tab unless you have any other voucher to add, this is not intended to add any comment or information.
6. Select the check box to acknowledge the Terms and Conditions and then click Submit
7. You will be redirected to the Voucher Details page where the license key that was generated will be displayed.
8. Click the Copy link to the left of the license key in order to copy the key into your clipboard. The key can then be pasted into a document on your local system.